This documentation is common for all programs of Exiland Backup family: Free, Standard and Professional.
Exiland Backup is a simple and affordable automatic file backup and folders sync software. It lets you easily copy your important files automatically or manually to various storages: local, network drives, FTP/SSH servers, or other removable media (such as USB HDD or flash drives).
The program can also duplicate your backups to different places: remote server, FTP, SSH, or removable disk. Exiland Backup saves your disk space by compressing your backups as ZIP files.
Exiland Backup is an ideal backup solution for desktop and laptop computers, for your business or personal use.
It is extremely easy to use and suitable for all Windows users. You will find this program incredibly suitable regardless of whether you are a beginner or an advanced computer user. Many users, who understand the importance of creating backups, appreciate our program.
Regular backup operations can ensure the safety of your files.
Exiland Backup has the following main and additional features:
- Creating backups automatically (using built-in scheduler) or manually
- Four backup types: full backup, differential backup, incremental backup and synchronization data
- Powerful file filters (masks, attributes, excluded subfolders, etc.)
- Flexible scheduler. Ability to run tasks on PC start/shutdown, on connect USB device or run tasks from Windows command line
- Backup of any data: Local / Network files and folders, FTP, SFTP(SSH)
- Synchronization of Local / Network data with Local / Network folder, FTP, SFTP(SSH)
- Backup to any locations: Local / Network drives, shared folders, removable disks, FTP/SSH servers, NAS, etc.
- Duplication of your backups
- Sending a backup via e-mail attachment
- Standard ZIP compression to save storage space
- Encryption, password protection to keep your files private. AES encryption supported (128-bit, 192-bit, and 256-bit key strengths)
- Support for Zip64 technology. This allows the creation of zip files larger than 4 GB
- Splitting large ZIP archive into multiple volumes
- The names of created backups depend on the date and time
- Automatically delete the oldest backups
- Run third-party programs or commands before/after the execution of a backup task
- Viewing of the created backups
- Restore the lost files to the specified folder or to their source location
- Logging of all backup operations
- Indication of backup process in System Tray
- Three notification types (e-mail, Net Send, screen) after a backup with a success/error/warning message
- Run tasks on specific conditions
- Preliminary estimation of the source size according to all the specified filters
- Grouping of tasks, run tasks consecutively
- Task management (cancel, suspend current task) during a task execution
- Queue management (view queue of tasks, changing a task order, deleting tasks from queue)
- After executing a task you can Shut down PC, Log off, Hibernate, Sleep or reboot PC
- Editing common settings: adjusting CPU usage, program behavior in an error case, log size limitation, auto start, etc.
- Setting a password for entering the program
- Support for Drag-n-Drop files and folders from Windows Explorer
- Multi-threading copying files
- Exiland Backup does not block source files during backup operation
- Easy to use Wizard for creating backup tasks
- Backing up in background mode without interfering with other programs
- Fault tolerance: restarting Exiland Backup in a critical error case; resuming files via FTP/SFTP after the connection was broken
- Equal CPU cores usage if you are using a multi-core CPU
- Standard ZIP format of archives
- Very user-friendly interface
- Small RAM memory used by the program