To automatically start a task you must specify a schedule.
NOTE: If the task is not scheduled, it will not run on schedule (manually only by clicking the "Run" button).
If you plan to put a task into a group, do not set a schedule because the group schedule will be used.
By default, the schedule is not defined.
To set the schedule, click "Change ..." and select Schedule Type, start date, and time.
The start time defines the frequency of performing a task per day and may be the following values:
- At a specified time (hours, minutes)
- On starting the PC
- On shutdown the PC (for Standard Edition only)
- On connecting a removable device (flash drives, removable HDD, etc) to a USB port
For a task to run periodically, the minimum interval is one minute. If the interval is not specified, then time will be calculated from 0:00 am to 11:59 pm.
If you have chosen "On starting the PC" note that it is recommended to set a pause before starting the task because drivers and Windows services also run when Windows starts.
IMPORTANT! To run a task on starting the PC, Exiland Backup must be started on Windows start automatically.
To run a task on connecting a removable device, you need to define the volume name, pause before the run, and how often to run.
- Daily: Every day, every hour from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Daily: Daily: Every 2nd day, every 10 minutes from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and on starting the PC
- Weekly: Every week, Monday - Thursday at 5:00 pm, Friday at 4:00 pm
- Weekly: Every week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday at 5:00 pm and on connecting a removable device
- Monthly: 1st and 15th day of each month at 0:00 am
- Monthly: 15th and last day of each month at 3:00 pm and on starting the PC
Calculation timetable of the schedule
The timetable is the table containing the time of the start of each task. If the task schedule is set, the program automatically calculates the timetable according to the specified schedule. The tab "Start time" shows the calculated timetable for the selected task/group.
The next calculation is carried out automatically.
If the task was not run in time (PC was out-of-work or the program was not running) then the task expires. You can select what to do with the expired task.