All actions are logged during a task execution.
If you wish to be informed about the backups, their results and possible errors, you can specify where a report for each task/group will be sent:
- Screen message
You may use each type of notification independently.
You can specify the Subject as a template.
The subject may contain the following variables:
- [CompName] - current computer name
- [TaskName] - task name
- [GroupName] - group name
- [BackupName] - the name of backup
- [BackupFullPath] - full path to folder/file of backup
- [BackupFileName] - ZIP file name (without path)
- [Result] - result of performing the task (success or failed)
- [Status] - digital status of performing the task: 1-backup was created successfully, 4-no error(s), but the backup was not created, 2-error(s), 3-warning(s), 5-task was cancelled
Specify the e-mail address from which the report messages will be sent. In addition, specify the SMTP server and Port. If authentication is required, then specify the login and password too.
The section "Recipients" specifies a list of e-mail addresses to which the report messages will be delivered.
Click the "Check settings" button to make sure that the specified settings are correct.
This notification type is a simple showing of the windows with a detailed report about the finished task/group. You can set the showing of a report in any case or if there are errors/warnings only.